Here it is, January 2nd and the word RESOLUTION has been lurking in the back of my brain….poke poke poking. The little angel on one shoulder says “This is the year of Dana, the year of change, forward progress” and all of that sentimental BS. The little devil on the other shoulder is saying “Why bother? You will just be a failure. Forget about it.”
And in the end, Good Prevails Over Evil and I have made a list:
1. I will TRY to keep my car cleaner. My traveling radius is generally no more than 5 miles from my house, and there is a fast food joint and gas station on every other corner. Keeping enough crap in my car to sustain a family of four trapped by an avalanche just isn’t necessary. I have Avery – now a very mature 7 1/2 – to assist. Carson – a 3 1/2 year old mini Taz – is a lost cause when it comes to picking up after himself.
2. I am going to keep a list of the books I read in 2013. I have seen goals on other blogs and I think I could do 24 books (2/month) in the upcoming year. I am ALWAYS open to suggestions for reading. Particularly mindless trash with extraordinary entertainment value that really doesn’t burn too many brain cells. (I did just go to the library today and load up my bookshelf with all manner of books. I usually pick them based on their cover art.)
3. In 2013 I am going to be more open to change. Let’s face it, I pretty much live within my comfort zone 24/7. I am challenging myself not to fear the unknown (too much anyways)…you never know what might lay right around the corner of that new opportunity.
4. Gym, diet, weight loss…you know how this one goes so I don’t think I need to expound any further. Just putting it out there…I actually got to the point this holiday season where I was (shhhhh…wait for it) SICK AND TIRED OF STUFFING MY FACE. Shocking, I know, right?
5. I am NOT going to give up drinking coffee. I love it way too much. Love the flavor, the aroma as it brews and fills my kitchen. However maybe it might be a good idea to CUT BACK from my usual pot that I drink each day. It is, I admit, a bit excessive. M.O.D.E.R.A.T.I.O.N.
6. I will do a little more thinking before speaking.
7. I will practice patience and tolerance.
8. Last but not least, I am going to attempt to revive Life in Beverly Hills…Michigan. It might take some work, some stretching of the old funny muscles which have lain dormant for
years months, and maybe trying to rally some readers into giving me a chance to entertain them. (Hey, according to my dash board 11 whole people visited my blog today. Or maybe it was just my mom coming back 11 times – not really sure. Although I don’t think she reads this…)
This is a year NOT about fear of failure but the chance to possibly do something AMAZING!